Thursday 14 May 2009

Ahmed Visits SCCS




A few weeks ago Ahmed from Abu Dis visited SCCS. He came to a School Council meeting where he talked to students about the forthcoming youth visit in July. Safiyyah, Zaynab and Maha are the students from SCCS who are taking part in the Youth Visit. There will also be other opportunities for people to get involved over the course of the week. The week is going to culminate with a performance in the theatre at SCCS on Friday evening.

Following the School Council meeting Ahmed went to meet with some Year 7 students who asked him lots of questions about life in Palestine. They wanted to know about education in Abu Dis and about the difficulties facing young people in their daily lives. Ms Gil and Ms Robinson showed them some photos from their recent visit. It was a really interesting and informative session and the students all asked whether Ahmed could teach them every week!!

1 comment:

Ahmed Y.A. Afana أحمد يونس عفانة said...

First of all, I really want to thank you all of welcoming me at your school..it was a nice chance for me to talk to the students, they really asking too much, which is so good, and making me feel so serious of keep in touch with them all, it’s a huge responsibility to educate these students about what is going on the world!
In addition, I would like the teachers who helped me, and I like to know if I can have your e-mails, if that is ok with you!
Thank you all again, and wish to see you and talk to you all again, soon!
Ahmad
aij_10@hotmail.com